SMART INNOVATION - Expert Clinic Sessions
Come along and find out about innovation support for your business. We can help you to:
invest in research and development (R&D)
introduce new techniques and technologies in design and manufacturing
protect your assets through intellectual property (IP) rights
access facilities and expertise in universities and colleges
Why not book a place and speak in confidence to one of our experts. Let us know if you would like a morning or afternoon session and we will try to accommodate your preference.
Support through our network of experienced specialists based across Wales. We have an experienced team of advisers who can help you:
- access grants for innovation and research and development
- create and commercialise new products and processes
- increase efficiency in manufacturing through technology and process improvement
- introduce design for new product development and manufacture
- identify, protect and exploit your intellectual property (IP)
SMARTInnovation provides free consultancy support to businesses throughout Wales seeking to improve their competitiveness.
Delivered by qualified consultants, support is tailored to meet your business needs. It is focused around areas that improve competitiveness, such as increased productivity, quality and efficiency, and the development of new products, processes or services.
Learn the basics on protecting and exploiting your IP with guidance from our experts. What we can do for your business:
- Answer basic queries regarding patents, trademarks, copyright, design and licensing.
- Help search patent and other IP databases.
- Subject to eligibility criteria, part-fund the cost of patent filing and trademark applications or the costs of formulating licence agreements.
- Help in formulating an IP strategy.
This promotes culture change within Welsh companies. It provides opportunities for collaboration between larger organisations and SMEs, helping them to commercialise their products, processes and services.
Open Innovation means working with external parties to achieve common challenges. It allows innovators to share risks and rewards. It can create new opportunities for faster delivery of new products, processes or services into the market place. The Programme helps participants to:
launch and resolve new technology challenges, promoted on Expertise Wales website
host interactive workshops to explore new opportunities
use online portals to encourage stakeholders to engagedevelop collaborative links with market partners (suppliers and/or customers)
develop collaborative links with market partners (suppliers and/or customers)
assist SME partners to leverage financial support
develop new links with universitiesmentor their SME partners
mentor their SME partnersshare specialist facilities and test environments with SME partners
share specialist facilities and test environments with SME partners
share best practice
Advanced Manufacturing Measurement & Inspection
Take a fresh look at your manufacturing measurement and inspection processes to get ready for the future. National Physics Laboratory (NPL) can help your business:
- undertake a comprehensive health check and provide a detailed gap analysis against industry best practice
- develop a bespoke series of improvement plans tailor made for your business
- make the right selection of measurement and test equipment hardware
- understand the gap against specific compliance, e.g. Nadcap for the aerospace sector
- get prepared for the demands of the trend towards greater digital and interconnected manufacturing processes
- upskill your workforce, improve right first time and potentially reduce cost of non-conformance and improve operational efficiency
Support for manufacturing companies in research, development and innovation. We have a team of highly qualified technical experts who can work with you to:
- de-risk and embed advanced technologies,
- improve existing processes and introduce new ones,
- collaborate with world-class academic experts,
- enable access to state-of-the-art facilities, equipment and software,
- increase competitiveness and future-proofing
Waterton Centre, Bridgend
OpTIC Glyndwr, St Asaph